Selected Talks after September 1st, 2004
All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Computation Seminar at NCSU (Sept 1st, 2004).
Geometry Seminar at Duke (Sept 28th, 2004).
- Morning Coffee Talks at Statistical
Genetics & Bioinformatics, NCSU (Dec 7th, 2004).
- Superrobust Computation Project,
Tokyo University, Tokyo, Japan (May 25th, 2005).
- Agebraic Biology 2005, Fujitsu
square, Tokyo, Japan (Nov 30th, 2005).
- American Mathematics Society Special
Session on Algebraic Statistics (Jan 13th, 2006).
- The Seminar Series at University
of Kentucky, Kentucky (Jan 20th, 2006).
- The OR colloquium at UNC, NC (Jan
- The Seminar Series at North Carolina
State University, NC (Jan 26th, 2006).
- The Computational Biology Seminar
Series at Duke University, NC (Jan 30th, 2006).
- The Math colloquium at Colorado State
University, CO (Feb 1st, 2006).
- The Math colloquium at Washington
State University, WA (Feb, 2006).
- Optimization seminar in UC Davis,
CA (April 28th, 2006).
- Special Session on Enumerative Aspects
of Polytopes in SFSU, CA (April 30th, 2006).
- Institute of Statistical Mathematics
in Tokyo, Japan (May 29th, 2006).
- Integer Points In Polyhedra
Geometry, Number Theory, Representation Theory
- Otto-von-Guericke University
Magdeburg, Germany (June 29th, 2006).
- BerlinFreie Universität Berlin, Germany (July 6th,
- Statistics Seminar, Statistics Department, Cornell
University, Ithaca, NY (October 4th,
- Statistics Seminar, Statistics Department, Carnegie Mellon
University, PA (October 11th,
- RIMS WORKSHOP on Development of Computational Algebraic
Statistics at Research Institute of Mathematical Sciences Kyoto University
(November 6th to 10th, 2006). The first
talk and the second
- Statistics Seminar, Statistics Department, Oxford University,
Oxford, UK (November 28th, 2006). PDF.
- RIMS International Conference on
Theoretical Effectivity and Practical Effectivity of Grobner Bases at
Institute of Mathematical Sciences
Kyoto University (January 22nd to 26th, 2007). PDF.
- IMA Annual Program Year Workshop, Applications
in Biology, Dynamics, and Statistics at IMA, Minnesota
(March 5th to 9th, 2007). PDF.
- A mathematical biology conference
at Virginia Tech on (May 3rd to 5th, 2007). PDF.
- The Joint Statistical Meetings in UT (July 28th - August 2nd, 2007). PDF.
- Current Challenges and Problems in Phylogenetics at Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK (September 3rd to 7th 2007). PDF.
- A colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics in University of Louisville (Oct 12th, 2007). PDF.
- Tokyo daigaku, Kagaku kenkyuhi, Kenkyu shukai at
Toyohashi, Japan (October 25th
to 27th, 2007). PDF.
- AMS 2007 Fall Southeastern Meeting: Special Session on Combinatorial Enumeration, Optimization, Geometry, and Statistic. Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN (November 3rd to 4th, 2007). PDF.
- Future Directions in Phylogenetic Methods and Models at Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK (December 17th to 21st 2007). PDF.
- A special session on Toric Varieties at the SIAM-SEAS (Society for Applied and Industrial Mathematics-Southeastern Atlantic Section) 2008 Meeting at University of Central Florida in Orlando on March 14th and 15th, 2008. PDF.
- A colloquium talk in the Department of Mathematics in University of
Louisville (April 10th, 2008). PDF.
- Mathematical explorations in contemporary Statistics at Grande Albergo, Sestri Levante (GE) - Italy (May 19th to 20th, 2008). PDF.
- Mixed integer programming (MIP 2008) at Columbia University, in New York City, NY on August 4th to 7th, 2008. PDF.
- Tutorials and Opening Workshop of SAMSI Special Year on ALGEBRAIC METHODS IN SYSTEMS BIOLOGY AND STATISTICS at SAMSI, NC (September 14th - 17th, 2009). PDF.
- AMS special session on "Applications of Algebraic Geometry" at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver on October 4th to 5th, 2008. PDF.
- Workshop on "Algebraic Statistics" at MSRI, Berkeley, CA, on December 15th to 18th, 2008. PDF.
- Computational Algebraic Statistics, Theories and Applications (CASTA2008) in Kyoto, Japan, December 10th to 11th, 2008. PDF.
- A midprogram workshop of SAMSI program year on "Algebraic Methods in Systems Biology and Statistics" entitled "Algebraic Statistical Models", January 15 to 17th, 2009. PDF.
- Special session on Applications of Algebraic and Geometric Combinatorics at the Spring 2009 AMS Southeastern Sectional Meeting in Raleigh, NC, April 4th and 5th, 2009. PDF.
- Special session on "Advances in the Theory of Integer Linear Optimization and its Extensions" in the 2009 Spring Western Section Meeting of the American Mathematical Society, at the San Francisco State University on April 25 and 26, 2009, San Francisco, CA. PDF.
- Special session on "Algebra and Number Theory with Polyhedra" in the 2009 Spring Western Section Meeting of the American Mathematical Society, at the San Francisco State University on April 25 and 26, 2009, San Francisco, CA. PDF.
- Transition workshop of SAMSI program year on "Algebraic Methods in Systems Biology and Statistics", June 18 to 20th, 2009. PDF.
- Lectures at KAIST, South Korea, July 28th to 30th, 2009. PDF. PDF. PDF.
- Lecture at POSTECH, South Korea, July 30th, 2009. PDF.
- A special session "Applicable Algebraic Geometry", the 2009 AMS Fall Central Section meeting at Baylor University in Waco, TX, October 16th through 18th, 2009. PDF.
- The colloquium at mathematics department in Western Michigan University, January 29th, 2010. PDF.
- UT-ORNL-KBRIN Bioinformatics Summit 2010, March 19-21, 2010 Lake Barkley State Resort Park Cadiz, KY PPTX
- Bioinformatics Seminar at North Carolina State University
on Tuesday May 18, 2010. PPT.
- Minisymposium on Discrete Mathematical Biology, SIAM
Conference on Discrete Mathematics, June 14-17, 2010 at the
Hyatt Regency Austin, Austin, Texas. PPT
- The Second CREST--SBM International Conference Harmony of Groebner
bases and the modern industrial society Osaka, Japan, June
28th to July 2nd, 2010. PDF
- Mathematical and Computational Biology Seminar, UC Berkeley, CA on
September 8th, 2010. PPT
- Statistics Seminar at Mathematics, Statistics, and
Computer Science department, University of Illinois at Chicago
on November 10th, 2010. PDF
- The 1st Joint North American Meeting on Industrial and
Applied Mathematics (NAMIAM) on 8th to10th December, 2010 at
the Universidad del Mar, Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico. PPT
- Workshop on Combinatorial Optimization, Statistics, and Applications (COSA), March 14th to 15th, 2011, Munich, Germany. PPT
- Minisymposium on Infinite-dimensional systems of
polynomial equations with symmetry at the 2011 SIAM Conference
on Applied Algebraic Geometry, October 6th to 9th, 2011 at
North Carolina State University. PDF
- The Annual New Zealand Phylogenetics Meeting, Sunday 29th
January - Friday 3rd February, 2012, University of Canterbury,
New Zealand. PPT.
- Algebraic Biology at Cass 2012 - ABaCass2012, February 4th
-- February 10th, 2012, Cass Field Station, New Zealand. Talk 1 and Talk 2.
- Workshop on Graphical Models: Mathematics, Statistics and
Computer Science, April 16-18, 2012 at the Field Institute,
- Algebraic Statistics in the Alleghenies at The
Pennsylvania State University June 8th to 15th 2012 at Penn
State University. PDF
- The 2nd Institute of Mathematical Statistics Asia Pacific
Rim Meeting, July 2nd to 4th, 2012, Tokyo, Japan. PDF
- GEOMETRY, ALGEBRA, AND PHYLOGENETIC
TREES at HMC (Oct. 23rd, 2004).
- SAMSI Workshop on Random Graphs
and Stochastic Computation (June 13th to 14th,
- IMA Annual Program Year Workshop,
Algorithms in Algebraic
Geometry, at the University of Minnesota, (September 18th,