STA 291 Statistical Methods
Introduction to principles of statistics. Statistical description of sample data including frequency distributions,
measures of central tendency, and measures of dispersion. Theoretical distributions, statistical estimation, and
hypothesis testing. Introduction to simple linear regression and correlation.
Fall Semester 2009
Business Statistics by Sharpe, De Veaux, and Velleman ISBN-10: 0321506936 | ISBN-13: 9780321506931
Ruriko Yoshida, Assistant Professor of Statistics
Time and Place for STA291, Fall Semester 2009
- Tue and Thurs 9:30 AM - 10:20 AM, CB212
Syllabus For STA 291
- Exam 1 September 30 Wed., 2009 from 5:00PM to 7:00PM at MEH, Memorial Auditorium.
- Exam 2 November 4th Wed., 2009 from 5:00PM to 7:00PM.
- Final December 15th, 2009 from 8:30PM to 10:30PM at CB110
- Course ID: LANCASTER83263
- MyStatLab Instruction DOC
- MyStatLab Slides PPT
- Home work 0: PDF Deadline September 4th at 11pm
- Exam 1: Old Exam PDF Old Exam Solutions PDF Practice Exam DOC Practice Exam Solution DOC Solution PDF Mean = 82.64, Median = 83.00
- Exam 2: Old Exam DOC (Please skip problem 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12.) SOLUTION for an old exam PDF. Practice Exam DOC SOLUTION for the practice DOC. Partial solutions for suggested problems PDF
- Final: Practice Exam DOC, with solution DOC. Old exam DOC Solution PDF
Lecture notes for STA 291, Fall Semester 2009